Drip irrigation is the process of delivering precise amounts of water and nutrients directly to the plant’s roots. Drip irrigation systems distribute water through a network of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters. Depending on how well designed, installed, maintained, and operated it is, a drip irrigation system can be more efficient than other types of irrigation systems, such as surface irrigation or sprinkler irrigation.
Why Should One Use Drip Irrigation?
Drip Irrigation systems can save more water than most systems. Some can use up to 30%-70% less water. Elimination of water loss is also a major factor. You will find your plants will grow faster and healthier because correct amounts of water and nutrients they are receiving in order to survive.
A few advantages of drip irrigation are:
• Fertilizer and nutrient loss is minimized
• Garden areas with irregular shapes are easily accommodated.
• Recycled non-potable water can be used.
• Less Soil erosion
• Less Weed growth
• Water distribution is controlled
• Costs are less.
• Variation in the water supply can be regulated
• Foliage remains dry, reducing the risk of disease.
Address: 193 Marua Road,
Phone: +64 9 579 6903
Monday 08:00 – 17:00
Tuesday 08:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 08:00 – 17:00
Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
Friday 08:00 – 17:00